Saturday, March 23, 2024

“I'm mortified”: Blake Lively's apology for making fun of Kate Middleton's retouched photo

 Blake Lively, the star of Gossip Girl , made a joke about the Princess of Wales and had to apologize. The actress made a statement on her social networks in which she was very sorry for having made a joke about the failed image that Kate Middleton published on her social networks on Mother's Day - and which became the center of controversy for excessive digital retouching - after finding out he has cancer. “She has me mortified,” she said.

Actress Blake Lively made a joke about Kate Middleton's retouched photo and apologized
Actress Blake Lively made a joke about Kate Middleton's retouched photo and came out to apologize - Credits: @CHARLY TRIBALLEAU

It all started with the photo that Middleton uploaded to her social networks on March 10 after a long period of time without being seen in public. Although the image was intended to dispel speculation about her health, it ended up generating a new scandal: the large number of modifications that the image underwent led the British princess herself to confess that she had been the one who had edited it and to apologize. Immediately, social media was filled with memes, jokes and comments about it, and Blake Lively couldn't avoid the temptation to ride that wave.

“I am very excited to share this new photo that I just took today to announce our four new products,” the actress wrote along with a rudely retouched image in which she is seen lying on a lounge chair, with a pool in the background and a can of its brand of “gourmet sodas.” “Now you know why I have been missing,” she concluded, alluding to the Princess of Wales.

Kate Middleton, Princess of Wales, in the passenger seat of the car driven by her mother, Carole Middleton, on March 4, 2024
Kate Middleton, Princess of Wales, in the passenger seat of the car driven by her mother, Carole Middleton, on March 4, 2024

Although the publication generated some laughter, it was also filled with comments that disapproved of the actress's joke. However, Lively's reaction and apology came after the video in which Middleton reappears in public to tell, in the first person and without intermediaries, that she has cancer. “I'm sure no one cares today, but I feel like I have to admit it,” she wrote in an Instagram story today. “I made a silly post about the 'Photoshop fail' frenzy and that post has me mortified today,” she confessed. "I'm sorry. Sending love and good wishes to everyone, always,” she signed off.

The Princess of Wales' announcement

After months of speculation and endless conspiracy theories, it was Kate Middleton herself who put an end to the mystery about her health and her disappearance from public life: today, through a video recorded by the BBC in Windsor and broadcast on its social networks, he said that he was diagnosed with cancer and that he is undergoing preventive chemotherapy treatment.

“It's been an incredibly difficult couple of months for our entire family, but I've had a fantastic medical team who have taken very good care of me, so I'm very grateful,” Kate said, staring into the camera. Although the images were released today, they were recorded on Wednesday.

“In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London and at the time my condition was thought to be non-cancerous. The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found that there was cancer. Therefore, my medical team recommended that I undergo preventive chemotherapy treatment and now I am in the early stages of that treatment,” the princess said in a two-minute and twenty-second video. She did not specify what type of cancer it was.

Concern after Kate Middleton's announcement (Photo: TV capture)
Concern after Kate Middleton's announcement (Photo: TV capture)

“Of course, this was a big shock, and Guillermo and I have been doing everything possible to process and manage this privately for the good of our young family,” she said, in a video in which she appears thinner. , sitting on a garden bench.

“It has taken me time to recover from major surgery to be able to start my treatment,” he commented, in a video that seeks to put an end to weeks of speculation about his health, in the absence of official information. She also mentioned that it was a challenge to explain the illness to his three children, Jorge, Charlotte and Luis “in a way that was appropriate for them” and assure them that I will be fine.

“As I told them: I'm doing well and I'm getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal, in my mind, body and spirit,” Kate said in the video, in which she also mentions her husband, Guillermo, as “a great source of comfort and tranquility.”

Kate Middleton asked for time and space to live in privacy with her family at this time
Kate Middleton asked for time and space to live in privacy with her family at this time

“We hope you understand that as a family we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment. “My work has always given me a deep sense of joy and I hope to return when I can, but for now I must focus on recovering completely,” the princess mentioned towards the end of the video, in which she also sent a message to other people who suffer from the disease. same disease. “Do not lose faith or hope. They are not alone,” she concluded.

Kate, 42, spent two weeks in the hospital in January after undergoing what her office said at the time was a success: a planned surgery for a non-cancerous but unspecified condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment