Saturday, March 23, 2024

Kate Middleton has cancer: this is the video in which she announces the news

 Kate Middleton announced that she has cancer

Kate Middleton, Princess of Wales, announced in a recorded video on Friday that she is receiving preventive chemotherapy after being diagnosed with cancer following tests following scheduled abdominal surgery she underwent in mid-January.

In a video pre-recorded by the BBC in Windsor, and broadcast on the couple's social networks, Prince William's wife said that tests after the intervention revealed that cancer had been found, but she said that she was fine and getting stronger. .

“It's been an incredibly difficult couple of months for our entire family, but I've had a fantastic medical team who have taken very good care of me, so I'm very grateful,” Kate said in the video filmed on Wednesday.

“In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London and at the time my condition was thought to be non-cancerous. The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found that there was cancer. Therefore, my medical team recommended that I undergo preventive chemotherapy treatment and now I am in the early stages of that treatment,” the princess said in a two-minute and twenty-second video. She did not specify what type of cancer it was.

“Of course, this was a big shock, and Guillermo and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the good of our young family ,” she said, in a video in which she appears thinner. , sitting on a garden bench.

“It has taken me time to recover from major surgery to be able to start my treatment,” he commented, in a video that seeks to put an end to weeks of speculation about his health, in the absence of official information. She also mentioned that it was a challenge to explain the illness to his three children, Jorge, Charlotte and Luis “in a way that was appropriate for them” and assure them that I will be fine.

Kate Middleton had last appeared in public at Christmas
Kate Middleton had last appeared in public at Christmas - Credits: @Kin Cheung

“As I told them: I'm fine and I'm getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal, in my mind, body and spirit ,” Kate said in the video, in which she also mentions her husband, Guillermo, as “a great source of comfort and tranquility.”

“We hope you understand that as a family we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment. “My work has always given me a deep sense of joy and I hope to return when I can, but for now I must focus on recovering completely,” the princess mentioned towards the end of the video, in which she also sent a message to other people who suffer from the disease. same disease. “Do not lose faith or hope. They are not alone,” she concluded.

According to BBC News, The video was recorded on Wednesday by BBC Studios, the production arm of the BBC, which is independent of the network's editorial department, so the channel learned that it received the video this Friday, like the other media.

Kate, 42, spent two weeks in the hospital in January after undergoing what her office said at the time was a success: a planned surgery for a non-cancerous but unspecified condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment