Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Wanda Nara confirmed that she has leukemia: “Now I call the disease by its name”

 In July, Wanda Nara was hospitalized in Buenos Aires after undergoing routine tests . The businesswoman handled everything related to her health very secrecy, although rumors did not take long to circulate because she began treatment . Three months after this, she confirmed on Instagram that she has leukemia.


The media enabled the question box on her Instagram stories and there a follower asked her bluntly: “What illness do you have?” . Without evading the question, he responded: “Leukemia . ” In that sense, he expanded: “At first I told him 'that thing I have'. Later I was able to tell him 'that illness'. And now I call him by his name. Forgiveness to those who felt I should advance my own times .”

With this last phrase, Nara alluded - without naming him - to Jorge Lanata , who at the time when speculation about her health began, said during his program on radio Miter that she had leukemia . Her statements earned her a wave of criticism, including many from her colleagues. Despite that, he defended her position.

“I said Wanda Nara's diagnosis on the air. Then a barrage of criticism from entertainment journalism began. I checked the news before breaking it. It was true . What was the damage I caused? I would love for someone to explain it. People are not to blame for the illness they have . Making it known is not denouncing them. On the contrary, in any case what the news can generate is empathy towards those who suffer from the disease,” she stated in Periodismo para todos (eltrece) as a defense.

Beyond the speculation that arose then, Wanda decided not to talk about her health until now, and the same was done by her inner circle , including her sister Zaira, who was consulted repeatedly on the subject.

Wanda Nara celebrated her ten years of love with Mauro Icardi and shared a photo of her hospitalization

The truth is that after being urgently admitted to the Los Arcos sanatorium and receiving the diagnosis in Argentina,Nara settled with four of her five children (the eldest, Valentino, stayed in Buenos Aires) and with her husband, Mauro Icardi , in Turkey.. There she resumed her routine and began treatment.

Recently, and also through Instagram, he shared with his followerssome moments related to your healthand showed a photo showing the large amount of medication he has to take: “ I'm fine. But I share because, although I always like to show roses like this [included an emoji of a blooming rose]; sometimes, I'm like this [he put that of a withered rose],” she wrote.


In a recent interview with the magazine HELLO!, Wanda gave more details of the moment she is going through: “ Every week I have monitoring and that is sent to Argentina where my doctor is, Dr. Miguel Pavlovsky, from Fundaleu. In addition, I am doing a treatment that, depending on how the disease evolves, changes.” She, in turn, assured that she feels great uncertainty, especially when waiting for the results of the analyzes, a situation in which she feels that "her breath is cut off."

“It is a delicate topic and that is why I would have preferred it to remain private , but I understand it,” he said when referring to Lanata's statements. Despite that, he stressed that he will not initiate legal action against the journalist.

Currently, the former host of MasterChef (Telefe) accepted a new work challenge and joined the Italian reality show Dancing with the Stars ( Ballando Con Le Stelle ). On the day of her debut, and through tears, she said that she accepted the proposal because it was a way to show her children that she is fine .



No comments:

Post a Comment