Tuesday, April 30, 2019

was about to suffer abuse from a producer in the first casting of his career

Charlize Theron is promoting her new film Almost Impossible (Long Shot with Seth Rogen) and after putting a French presenter in his place for kissing her on the cheek and without consent to the program's translator , in front of Charlize, the actress continues vindicating the harassment and abuse that the woman lives by publicly remembering the terrible experience she experienced in the first casting of her career.


The South African was in the program of Howard Stern, revealing that she had just turned 19 when she asked an agent of the modeling agency where she was signed, if she knew of any audition to prove a bit of acting. By then, Charlize Theron had been working as a model for several years worldwide after winning a contest at age 16. And when she came of age, her mother paid her a one-way ticket to Los Angeles to fulfill her dream of being an actress.

But his dreams came up against the stark reality of male power in Hollywood, uncovered in recent years after the Harvey Weinstein scandal. She was just a 19-year-old girl just turned out and with no acting experience when the agent told her there was a casting available. I had to go to a producer's house on a Saturday at 9 o'clock at night. "He was an important guy and still is," the 43-year-old actress said without revealing the producer's name.



When he arrives at the house, he says that the producer opened the door to him in his pajamas. "He had a healthy ego, he felt good about himself," he said. " There was a kind of piped music in the house. He sat very close to me. And that was strange. The drink made me uncomfortable while thinking 'this does not seem right' ",

Theron says that he insisted several times if he wanted him to read pages of the script they had given him, to which the producer told him they were only going to talk. " And then, he put his hand on my knee."

"You suddenly go blank. As if you did not know what to do, but I left. I do not even know how I left the house, but I left. It would have ended very badly. I was driving my Ford Fiesta, which was rented, by Laurel Canyon and I was so mad at myself for not saying anything. I thought 'I'm not that kind of girl, why did not I tell her to go to the m * erda?' It made me very angry, " Charlize Theron said.

Theron says that eight years later he told him what he could not then, when he met the producer and confronted him with what happened. And he told her not to remember the moment.

The actress and producer is one of the actresses involved with the #MeToo movement in Hollywood. " I feel in my heart that there is something of this movement that will last, we will not allow steps back," he told the Seattle Times. "I wish it had been 20 years ago when I started. I wish there was a way to talk about these things without being judged, or embarrassed or not believed. "


No comments:

Post a Comment