Monday, March 28, 2016

How Gyllenhaal was rejected for the role of Frodo: "You're the worst actor I have ever seen"

His agents suggested him for the role, and Peter Jackson advised him to dismiss them, because they had forgotten to tell a fundamental part of the requirements

When enough to have assimilated certain tropezones time passes, actors often narrating fun. This was done Jake Gyllenhaal , whose career continues to climb, but who once threw away an apparent golden opportunity: to be Frodo in the trilogy of Peter Jackson .

"I received a call from 14 agents as very excited . 'You know that Peter Jackson is doing' The Lord of the Rings '' he told the actor Jimmy Fallon . '' They'll be three films, more than three and a half years rolling 'they said' and when I said I needed a hobbit, I thought Jake! ".

And that was how Gyllenhaal was presented at a hearing in which in principle was a visual screening . When the reading portion of one of the lines of the script came came the problem.

"I had to do a scene with several actors, all of whom were doing their part with a British accent. Nobody warned me that would play with a British accent , so I did not, and Peter Jackson turned to me and saying, 'you are the worst actor I have ever seen ''.

Gyllenhaal the director asked if they had not told him to play with a certain accent. To which the actor said no. "Dismiss their agents" , Jackson recommended. And the actor was never Frodo in " The Lord of the Rings '

No comments:

Post a Comment