The life of a film star may seem very alluring, but the paychecks aren't the same for everyone involved. A multi-million dollar franchise like Harry Potter has its big-name child and teen stars who will never have financial worries again, but that luck wasn't shared by everyone.
Jessie Cave , whom you surely remember for playing Lavender Brown in the Harry Potter saga , made headlines when she revealed that her OnlyFans account has become her main source of income. In just one year, the actress has generated more revenue through the subscription platform than she did during her entire acting career.
An unexpected turn in the face of economic desperation
In an interview with The Times , the 39-year-old actress explained that she opened her profile in 2025. Initially, her goal was to raise around £5,000 (about 116,000 Mexican pesos) to get out of a financial bind while she decided on the direction of her professional career.
Cave confessed that he made this decision after a moment of "complete despair" following a failed audition, while dealing with financial problems and raising his four children:
"I couldn't go to work, for example, in a supermarket because I can't afford childcare, and I also don't want people shouting Harry Potter spells at me while I'm working at Tesco ," the actress said.
However, the result exceeded all expectations: "In one year I've earned much more money than in my entire acting career. It's truly saved our lives ," she said. On her best days, she earned up to 15,000 pounds (approximately 347,000 Mexican pesos) in a single day.
Although OnlyFans is often associated with explicit adult content, Jessie Cave opted for a very different approach to move away from the stigma: her content revolves around hair and its texture , combined with loose clothing and an aesthetic far removed from traditional eroticism.
Its subscribers pay a monthly fee of around $6 (102 pesos) to access its publications, with the option to request personalized content for an extra cost.
"There is a stigma. I didn't understand the risk of people thinking I was making pornography ," she explained, noting that the platform also includes creators of tarot readings, cooking videos, and fitness content.
Besides ensuring her family's stability, the platform's income allowed her to fulfill a personal wish. In March, the actress shared on her Instagram account that she used part of her earnings to get breast augmentation surgery after six years of breastfeeding her four children.
"I love my new look. I've wanted to do it for a long time, but I never thought I would achieve it, just like I never thought I would dedicate myself to what I do now," she wrote on her social media, highlighting that, after prioritizing her stage as a mother, it was time to do something for herself.
https://www.instagram.com/p/DbykP0QNjYi/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=invalid&ig_rid=Admo1ynrujrB4NMi_fCs6BU
No comments:
Post a Comment