Monday, February 19, 2024

Meryl Streep revealed which character she hated playing the most in her 53-year career: “I felt miserable”

 


There is no doubt that Mary Louise Streep, better known as Meryl Streep , is one of the most important actresses in Hollywood, especially because of the versatility she has to adapt to any character that comes her way. Because of this, she won the Oscar Award three times , for her work in the films Kramer vs. Kramer, Sophie's Choice and The Iron Lady , in addition to having a total of 21 nominations. Although there seemed to be no obstacle for her, the actress revealed which was the character she hated playing the most in her 53-year career and left more than one speechless.

To the surprise of many, what she hated doing most in her extensive career was playing the implacable Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada, as she explained in an interview in 2021. “ I'm Meryl and I'm very happy to work with you. And that's the only nice thing you're going to hear from my mouth in this movie ,” she commented to her colleagues at the time, to try to get under the skin of the villain, something that at first was presented to her as a big obstacle.

In that sense, Streep decided to apply the 'ice law' to Anne Hathaway , Emily Blunt, Stanley Tucci and Adrian Grenier , among others, in order to maintain the distance that existed in fiction. "It was horrible! I was miserable when I got to my trailer. I could hear them all laughing. I was so depressed! I said to myself, 'Well, that's the price you pay for being a boss!' That’s the last time I tried anything with that ‘method’!,” she explained.

For her part, Anne Hathaway once recalled what were the first words her colleague said to her on the set: “He gave me a big hug and said, ' By the way, honey, this is also the last time I'll be nice to you.' ”.

“I practically didn't see Meryl again during the months of filming until we started promoting the film. And she, of course, is the most tender and charming person in the world ”, She completed.

The Devil Wears Prada is a 2006 film, directed by David Frankel , in which the fashion world is ruled by the despotic and sophisticated Miranda Priestly (Meryl Streep), editor-in-chief of a prestigious fashion magazine, where the innocent and misaligned Andy Sachs (Anne Hathaway) decides to work as an assistant, but to do so she will have to fit in among the journalists at Runway magazine .

What Anne Hathaway said about the possibility of making The Devil Wears Prada 2

The actress, who played Andy Sachs, spoke about a sequel and was enthusiastic, saying that it is something “tempting . ” However, she made it clear that this project may be more of an expression of wish than a concrete reality: “I think that film took place in a different time . Nowadays everything is very digital, and that is why a story centered around the concept of producing a physical element is very different.”

Later, the protagonist of the film added: “It is tempting to think about Andy and Emily needing to bring her coffee to Miranda, who is somewhere in Europe, and how on the trip they join Stanley Tucci, who is in a restaurant, located in Italy. Sure he's tempting, but I don't think he's going to pass. Yes, they could relaunch it, find new faces and make it .”

No comments:

Post a Comment