Saturday, February 17, 2024

Amy Schumer responds forcefully to comments about her face being "more swollen than normal"

 

Amy Schumer has become news and not precisely because of the premiere of the new season of her series Life & Beth . The popular American actress, screenwriter and producer, 42, is in full promotion and was invited to The Tonight Show , hosted by Jimmy Fallon, however, she could not imagine the stir she was going to cause . As soon as she appeared on television, the networks became abuzz with comments about her physique and everyone wondered: 

What has happened to her face? Why is she so swollen?

His forceful response

Well, hours later, the protagonist of films like And Suddenly You or How Beautiful I Am! She has decided to speak out and has done so by sharing an extensive message on her social networks. "Thank you very much for all the comments about my face! For almost 20 years I have enjoyed the opinion and debate about my physique as all women do. And you are right, right now I am more swollen than normal" , he begins by saying.

The actress knows that she would not have to explain it, but seeing the commotion that has occurred, she preferred to talk about the reason why she is like this: " I have endometriosis, an autoimmune disease that every woman should read about . Things are happening." medical and hormonal in my world right now, but I'm fine," he says.

The actress denounces that: "Historically, women's bodies have barely been studied medically compared to men's. I also believe that a woman should not give explanations for her physical appearance. But I wanted to take the opportunity to defend self-love." and acceptance of the skin you're in ."

And it ends with a powerful message: " Like any other woman/person, some days I feel confident and great and other days I want to put a bag over my head . But I feel strong, beautiful and very proud of this television show I created, "I wrote, starred in and directed. Maybe we can focus on that for a while. I hope you enjoy life and Beth. Love and solidarity."

Your battle with endometriosis

Amy Schumer has spoken honestly about her health problems but it is not the first time she has done so. In September 2021, the American comedian and director published a video in which she confessed that she had undergone a delicate operation. " My uterus is already out . The doctor found 30 spots that he removed. He removed my appendix because endometriosis had attacked it (...) There was a lot of blood in my uterus and I had very strong pain ," she said later, encouraging everyone. her followers that "if it hurts a lot when you have your period, it is possible" that you also suffer from this disorder.

Later, during his appearance on the program The Checkup with Dr. David , he said he felt "like a totally new person" after the operation . "I feel like someone has lifted the veil that covered me and I feel like a different person, like a new mother," Schumer said in December 2022.

The Descontroladas actress has always been a defender of real beauty and on more than one occasion she has sent messages like: " Stop obsessing about your physique and you will be much happier ." Like many other Hollywood stars, she is always in the center of the media spotlight but the truth is that she tries to handle it in the best way possible and by speaking honestly about everything that happens in her life. She did this years ago about her fertility problems and how she brought her first child, Gene David, into the world in 2019.

"We did it through in vitro fertilization and it was really hard for me," she said of the birth of her baby, which was by cesarean section due to her endometriosis. On some occasion, the famous monologist has confessed her desire to expand her family with her husband, the American chef Chris Fischer, whom she married on February 13, 2018 in Malibu . "We have some embryos...so I don't know," she declared.

No comments:

Post a Comment