Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Al Pacino: "I refused Star Wars because I did not understand the script"

During his visit to Mexico, Siglo XXI in Mexico event held at the National Auditorium, Al Pacino confessed that he regrets having refused to participate in the Wars. The actor revealed that the performance saved his life and brought him out of the difficult environment in which he grew up in Bronx County.

The actor of 75 years, who was interviewed by  Larry King , said turned down the role in"Star Wars" because "he did not understand the script . "

"Harrison Ford owes me his career to me, just kidding ... If I refused Star Wars was because I did not understand the script, so easy I went with my friend Charlie and read the script but neither understood I said.. 'Will you make a movie about this script? ' And I did not accept it. Yes it was a mistake. I do not regret, I have nothing to regret, I never do, I made ​​mistakes, but I do not regret anything , "he said laughing and ruled that new technologies affect the players like him.

Addressing some 10,000 young people, mostly students on scholarships from the foundation, he said: "The action saved my life because all my close friends died from drugs" .

"I can tell you: I love you recognize where they are going , that somehow understand those things, are awaiting these things, he valued "he said.

"It's a great value that you are here. Education, regardless of where they may have, is wonderful. He opened their minds, minds and expand horizons, to learn , "he said.
Born into a poor family in the New York Bronx, Pacino had no education. "However, I have learned so much from you people I have known, of the books I've read, of all the great opportunities I've had in life," he said.

"I had no money, work, education, or anything, but he was young. I slept in the theater where acting (...) I have never been happier in my life than in those times because I knew what I wanted to do, know where my life was going. He knew there was a world waiting for me with a future, as you all know, "he added.

Thus, the actor recommended the youth to discover what they really like in life. "Try to be open because they are wonderful instincts. Trust yourself and find what the crazy again . Maybe not immediately, but keep looking until you find it ", he said.

At 75 and with an Oscar in his cabinet, as well as five Golden Globes, among other awards, Pacino said that, although may already retiring, what keeps him on stage is her passion for acting , the which showed playing a fragment of the play "The Iceman Cometh" by Eugene O'Neill.

Likewise, the actor said that theater is also one of his great passions on stage and feel like I was at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment